Monday 10 June 2013

fancy dress costume.. 1920s flapper

Hi!

It was one of my friends 18th birthday party on Friday and she had a pink themed fancy dress party which was also to raise money for breast cancer care. I originally wanted to dress up as a pink cupcake but the outfit had sold out in every fancy dress shop I tried so I decided to go as a flapper, I was so unsure about the outfit at first because it seemed so short and I hardly ever wear short dresses or skirts but one I was all ready and it felt OK and I wore a pair of skin colour tights so I felt more covered up.

My outfit



                                                              a close up of the dress

The dress, gloves and headband are from a local fancy dress shop but I'll pop a link at the bottom of a couple of fancy dress shops that stock it.
The bracelets are from Primark and the necklace is florence and fred from Tesco.



A close up of the head band.


make up and hair

I choose to go for a smokey eye but keeping it just on my top lid a bright pink lip and a pink blush. I was going to try and recreate a 20s make up look but didn't want to look to dramatic as the dress was really the statement.

Face:
primer- Beautiful movements prime & create mixing medium.
concealer- Rimmel London match perfection 030 classic beige.
foundation- Rimmel London wake me up foundation 201 classic beige.
powder- Rimmel London match perfection 001 transparent.
contour- Rimmel London natural bronzer 022 sun bronze.
blusher- MAC coygirl

eyes:
shadows- bhcosmetics 88 color palette matte eye shadows.
eyeliner- Rimmel London glam'eyes professional liquid liner 001 black glamour.
mascara-  jelly pong pong fairy lashes.
eyelashes- eylure katy perry sweetie pie.

lips:
the body shop colourglide lip colour neon pink 59


                                                             The eye shadows I used.

A few pictures of the night  


me and my sister  

Me and my sister Amy eating the yummiest cupcake!

Amy and the birthday girl!

smile girls!

Amy having a boogie   


      link to the dress:
flapper fancy dress costume
http://www.thepartyshopuk.co.uk/party-supplies/info-22789S.html               

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fever-Flapper-Costume-Headband-Gloves/dp/B00AZGNI7Q/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt/275-5559458-9132147

http://www.allfancydress.com/fever-flapper-hotty-costume~P891044.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingfeed&variant_id=86053&gclid=CIHp8N-g2rcCFTMRtAodGHcAxw                                    



                                                         Thanks for reading
                                                            until next time
                                                                  Hannah
                                                                    .XX.



No comments:

Post a Comment