Friday 7 February 2014

Foody Fridays: Lemon and white chocolate cheesecake

I've been wanting to do a series of blog posts in February so I've been trying to think of something fun and that you can do at home too! And as I don't usually get my DIY head on until the weather warms up mainly because if things need painting I like to do it outside as I am not the most careful of painters. I have decided on a food series that I'm going to do every Friday and I'm calling it...Wait for it!....Foody Fridays! Not the best series title you've ever seen but I have been racking my brain for a quirky title but nothing seemed to come to me, do give me some credit though as I am baking and making all the food myself! Haha!
 
So here's my first Foody Friday It is a lemon and white chocolate cheesecake with a ginger biscuit base. I was inspired by a recipe I saw on This Morning it was a lemon curd cheese cake By Mary Berry, But have adapted it to my own taste and to make it more suitable for a tasty valentines treat.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
You will need:
200g of ginger biscuits
500g of mascarpone cheese
400g of lemon curd
50g of butter
juice of 1 lemon
 
150g of white chocolate
Strawberries for decorating
Icing sugar for decorating
I have blueberries in the picture but I decided to not use them.
Rolling pin
2 plastic food bags
inc cake tin with a removable bottom
spoons and mixing bowls
 
 
First I put the ginger biscuits in one of the food bags squeezed out all the air and tied a knot in the end and then placed it inside the other bag, I done this as if the first bag split it would still be held in the second and not spill every where. Now to crush the biscuits, I broke them up by hitting them with the rolling pin, I tried to get the biscuits as fine as possible so it was easier to cut the base once it was made. Once all the biscuits were crushed I poured them into a bowl.
 
 
Next I melted the butter in a saucepan and added it to the crushed biscuits and stirred it in until all the crumbs were covered in the butter.
 
 
 
Taking the greased tin I poured in the biscuit and butter mixture packed it all down evenly and then put in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
 
 
While the biscuit base was setting in the fridge I made the topping. First I melted the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Then into a bowl I put the mascarpone and lemon curd and mixed it until it was all combined together, next adding the chocolate and again stirring until its was all combined and lastly I added the lemon juice and stirred it all in until it started to thicken.
 
 
Once the base had set I poured on the topping mixture and spread it on top to make an even surface, Then placed it in the fridge to set over night.
 
 
 
 
After leaving the cheesecake to set over night I took it out of the fridge and removed it from the tin. To remove it I placed the tin on a glass and pushed down on the two top sides until the cheesecake was out of the tin, Keeping the cheesecake on the bottom of the tray I placed it on a serving plate.
 
 
 
 
 
To decorate the cheesecake I washed the strawberries, cut the tops off them and then cut them in half, Once they were in half to make them into hearts I cut out a small triangle from the top of each one.
 
 
 
 
 
I placed the strawberries round the edge of the cheesecake and one in the middle then dusted with a little bit of icing sugar and it was ready to devour!
 
  
I hope this has inspired you to make a stir in the kitchen.
And if you make this cheesecake you find it as delicious as me and my family did!
 
 
           Thanks for reading
            Hannah
            XX


 

No comments:

Post a Comment