Wednesday 12 February 2014

Orchid organza : Pantone colour of the year inspired make up look

 
I'm not a huge fan of purple eye shadow as it can easily go wrong and look like you have two black eyes! So when I got the idea in my head to do a Pantone colour of the year make up look I was half expecting the post not to go up but as you can see it has and I'm really happy with what I created and that it didn't turn out like I had gone up against mike Tyson and lost! Haha!
 
So if you also like the look I created keep reading to find out how I achieved it.
 
 
 
 
On my eyes I used dainty doll eye shadow base and then taking a flat shader brush and taking the pink colour I've labelled "base colour" from BH cosmetics matte colour palette I put this all over my lid up to the crease, then taking the light purple colour I've labelled "lid colour" and another flat shader brush I applied this over the first colour. Next I took the colour I've labelled "outer corner" I put this darker purple on the outer corner of my eye and in the crease to create some definition, Also taking that darker purple and putting it under my lower lash line about three quarters of the way across. With a fluffy blending brush I took the colour I've labelled "blending colour" it is a light beige colour and blended from my crease up towards my brow bone to smooth out any harsh lines and to create a softer effect nearer the brow bone, so like I said it doesn't look like I have a black eye. Also taking that blending colour and blending the darker purple under my eye to create a smooth soft look.
 
Now for the eyeliner I used a felt tip from Be a bombshell in onyx and created a small wing then taking it all the way across my lid as close to the lashes as possible. I then curled my lashes with my Emite lash curler and applied mascara, I used the Rimmel scandaleyes in extreme black applying this to my top and bottom lashes and then putting on a pair of my favourite Eyelure eyelashes.
 
 
 
 
On my face I applied Rimmel Match perfection in the shade 200 soft beige with a Real techniques expert face brush and then used Maybeline 24hr super stay concealer in light under my eyes and on any blemishes then blended it with my Real techniques pointed foundation brush. For my contouring I used the bronzer in my Urban Decay flushed palette and put this in the hollows of my cheeks, my temples and jaw line then used the blusher from the flushed palette and applied this to the apples of my cheeks.
 
On my lips I first applied my EOS lip balm and then to add a little colour again sticking with the purple/lilac colour I used L'Oreal Glamshine stain splash in the shade cause 400 and the look was complete.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I hope you liked this makeup look as much as I do if you have any other looks you would like me to do then leave me and comment and I would love to see if you recreate this look so tweet @hannahnicolab or #hannahnhearts on Instagram to show me your pictures!
 
Thanks for reading
Hannah
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment